Need a vegetarian stuffing option at your holiday table? Look no further than this recipe from Simple Squares. Vegetarians and carnivores alike will be asking for seconds! Ingredients:
- 1 lb bread – dense country white best – cut into cubes
- 2-3 tsp dried sage
- 6 TBS unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 6 stalks celery
- 1 lb mushrooms (wild or button)
- 1 8 ox can jellied cranberry sauce, beaten thin
- 1-2 cups apple juice
- 1 sage Simple Square
- Fresh sage for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350. Toast bread cubes on a baking sheet for about 20 minutes, stirring once or twice, until lightly browned. Transfer to large mixing bowl. Add dried sage.
- Butter 9×13 baking dish.
- Sautee celery, leeks in butter 2-3 minutes. Add chopped mushrooms and sautee until soft. Add vegetables to bowl. Add cranberry. Add apple juice, a little at a time, until the mixture is damp but not mushy.
- Crumble Simple Square on top.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 minutes. Garnish with sage sprigs and serve hot.
Buy One, Get One Box of Cho-cocoWe have exciting news! We are hosting a BOGO for Halloween! Swap out the junk for real treats. Our chocolate coconut (Cho-Coco) bars are the perfect treat to pass out. Head to our website and get double the love for the price of one. Enter any multiple of [...]
Still not tried SIMPLE Squares? Haven't tasted our newest flavors yet? Just head over to the SIMPLE Shop, and let us know where we can send your free sample.
I am so excited to be participating in the 2016 Klondike Relay! Follow my journey on Insta and Facebook. The race will commence on Friday evening, September 9th, in Skagway, Alaska. It follows the trail of the Gold Rush Stampeders over the famous White Pass, through British Columbia, and into the Yukon, finishing Saturday, September 10th, [...]
Nuts+Honey+Vanilla+Sea Salt+Herbs=SIMPLE! Why do we use functional herbs and spices in our 5 ingredient bars? The American Institute for Cancer Research notes that herbs and spices should be used as flavor enhancers because of their health-protective phytochemicals, which can help fight cancer and other diseases, much like those found in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and other plant-based [...]
If you know SIMPLE Squares, you know we understand the beauty and healthful function of herbs. Herbs provide unique and delicious flavors to food. And it summer, you can grow this goodness right in your backyard or patio. SIMPLE Hint: a crumbled up SIMPLE Square on top of chicken or fish then broiled creates a [...]
Pure, raw golden honey is one of the five main ingredients in SIMPLE Squares. While it provides a delicate sweetness and satisfying texture in our squares, it does much more than that once in your body. The main difference between raw honey and most honey that is found in grocery stores is that raw honey [...]
@tamarathoner great photo! SO proud of you!
It is the time of year when everyone is subscribing to new diets, weight loss supplements and fad workout routines. There are a lot of ideas of what people define to be the paleo diet. This diet is more of a lifestyle that allows you to stop counting calories and start making subtle healthier changes [...]